Everyday tools for developing a positive & resilient mindset - Post #2
1 SMALL SHIFT
by Phil Dozois
A monthly MINI - BLOG that provides thought-provoking resources and ideas to help move past the old beliefs that limit your ability to enjoy life on a deeper level and live a happier, more impactful life.
Everyday tools for developing a positive & resilient mindset
MINDFULNESS. - Learning to be less reactive to my moment-to-moment thoughts allows me to be more mindful of my choices. Remember, thoughts drive your → emotions which drive your → behaviors which drive your → results. The 3 step process is simple: 1. Start by being more aware of your thoughts. 2. Identify what’s going on, without judgment. 3. Decide if that is worth “following” or “letting go”. If it moves you closer to where you want to be, use it, if not, let it go. If you are going to train your body, why would you not also train your mind? I am realizing the power of being able to FOCUS my attention and choose better thoughts.
- OAK MEDITATION APP - Backed by Digg co-founder Kevin Rose, Oak is an entirely free meditation and breathing app designed to slot into your day. If you've got just five minutes to spare, the app can help you. Even if you've only a few seconds, there's a chance it could at least calm you down or wake you up a bit. I love the variety of meditation and breathing exercises and for the first time in a long time, I am seeing the benefits in real life. Daily actions to help your focus, energy, and vitality by enhancing your food and fitness
Daily actions to help your focus, energy, and vitality by enhancing your food and fitness
SLEEP - We are realizing more and more how much better our energy is in all we do each day when we are more rested. This is especially true for workouts which are more effective! I am less reactive and more creative and more importantly, my energy is better. I believe, the more rested you are, the better you will eat as well. Check out the Ted TALK below for even more benefits.
- Sleep is your life-support system and Mother Nature's best effort yet at immortality, says sleep scientist Matt Walker. Learn more about sleep's impact on your learning, memory, immune system, and even your genetic code -- as well as some helpful tips for getting some shut-eye.
Deepening your relationships by connecting with the people who matter most
COMPLIMENTS - Complimenting the people closest to you is one of the most important elements in keeping your relationships strong. The challenge with being together for long periods of time is that you get so comfortable you forget all the things you love about that person. A genuine compliment can go a long way to making someone feel important and special. Being consistent is the trick… so leverage the technology in your pocket to set reminders daily to give someone the gift of a compliment.
Creating a positive impact on the world through the work we do
LEADERSHIP. “Level 5 leaders channel their ego needs away from themselves and into the larger goal of building a great company. It's not that Level 5 leaders have no ego or self-interest. Indeed, they are incredibly ambitious–but their ambition is first and foremost for the institution, not themselves.” - Jim Collins
BONUS - This month’s favorite QUOTE, INSIGHT, and LINKS
QUOTE: “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.” -Dr. Seuss
- You can decide where to focus your attention and what questions to ask yourself. If you don’t like where your thoughts are, try asking yourself a different question.
- OAK Meditation AP OAK MEDITATION APP
- Ted Talk Sleep is your Superpower. WATCH THE TED TALK
- Needs some ideas for compliments? 50 COMPLIMENTS TO BRIGHTEN SOMEONE'S DAY
Shift Your Mind and Transform Your Life,
ICF CERTIFIED PERSONAL & EXECUTIVE COACH | COACHING EXTRAORDINARY ENTREPRENEURS
IG - @ultimatepersonalcoach
Twitter - @coachphil_d